When you pursue a foreign language degree with a concentration in French at George Mason University, you learn how the world extends beyond the borders of the United States. You open your mind to other ways of life, and you develop an interest in bridging cultural gaps.
$ 16,485 per semester
Fairfax, United States
About the program
The teaching staff is as diverse as our students —with faculty from all over the Francophone world including Lebanon, Morocco, France, Canada, and Algeria.
The French concentration at George Mason University prepares you for research and professional work in government and private enterprises, teaching careers at the secondary-school level, and graduate study in languages.
Many language majors pursue a minor in a related subject area, and some add a second major in another field.
All students have opportunities for research, global-engagement, public service, and career preparation.
- Improve your language skills by studying abroad
- Apply for a Study Abroad Merit Scholarship
- Join the French Club and meet students and faculty with a passion for French for discussions and film screenings
- Share your knowledge of French by participating in the department’s annual Polyglot Performance
- Reading and Writing Skills Development
- Literature and Civilization
- The Making of Modern France
- Francophone Identities
- French Linguistics